Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Am I?

Such a huge difference between my post and ka meng's... lol.. there i was talking about adrenaline rush.. and ka meng about marriages... now tha's some pretty serious stuff... I dont know why you are suddenly thinking that, but keep it coming. Like ka meela, i am dubious as to whether you did it yourself.. (hehehe) tapi, keep it coming kaka, regardless of the comments =) And again, as ka meela pointed out... are YOU ready to be married?

Then I was thinking about myself... Am I ready to get married? I dont think so! I have more years of education, then there's the fact of starting my career (amin amin) and im just not ready at all. I'd like to think that it may be a possibility, but at the rate I'm going, lets face it, I'm nowhere near it...

Get married, and the next thing people expect is for you to have babies... now that i am definitely not ready for... I am not ready to be pregnant for 9 months, undergo delivery (OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!), take care of crying ugly babies, gain weight, be crankier than I already am and have the possiblity of going crazy when i see my baby... I do however can imagine (i think, just barely) having a teenage child... lol.. when they can think for themselves (insya allah, amin!! hopefully)...

oh, and if you have four kids (I think most people want this number of kids..)... then if u accumulate the months of being pregnant it will be 9*4 = 36. 36/12=3 years!!! you will be pregnant for three years of your LIFE!!! YIKES!

Sigh... What is the average age to get married? I know a couple of people who are my age and who are married voluntarily... and these are people i know!!! (OMG!!!) then there are the other girls who has had arranged marriages.... at my age, or possibly younger...

I once calculated, that if you want all your children to finish the course of a Bruneian education system the traditional way (nursery, kindergarden, primary school, high school, pre-university, four years degree course)... THEN... you MUST have your YOUNGEST child by the time you are twenty nine!!!

That leaves me 8 years... How is that going to be possible for me? 6 more years here = 2 years left... so one could argue i can get married whilst i'm still in uni, and working here.. but do i really want that? Even when I start working, I have EXAMS to think about.. OMG!!! I'm probably going to be 35 before having a child.. (If i choose to have one...) LALALA...

This is giving me a headache!!! I'm going to stop... Pokoknya, I'm not ready to get married now. I think i'd like to be married... but I dont think that will be anytime soon!!!

Oh yea... before i go.. It's always assumed that girls want HUGE weddings... I DONT...! I'd just like my IMMEDIATE family and IMMEDIATE friends to be around.. (and his family and friends).. but being a BRUNEIAN... tha's never going to happen! UNRELATED people would probably just start nasty rumours.. sigh... The JOY of being BRUNEIAN!!! everyone knowing everyone else...

2 comments:

War186 said...

Yeah that was pretty deep stuff Ka meng wrote huhu :D

the pregnancy part sounds very ugh scary and complicated..i dont think i'm ready for that..

me! me! i want 4 kids! preferrably 2boys, 2girls. idealistic, aren't we? huhu.. *psst* fets, ur one statistical lady..semua kan ko calculate ah haha ;D

I want to be married at 25 or preferrably sooner..rite..:P we gotta think abt being in uni..wait for working stability again..batah tu batah..nda 25 tuu heh..sigh

I WANT a huge wedding..altho sometimes I think it doesn't matter and if I could I'd marry/nikah saja - easier, cheaper, faster! but neither my family nor his would like that! haha so yeahhh..

blajar dulu, kraja dulu..barutah kawin..in that sense, i am not ready.. but fortunately, there is already a plan and most importantly, the right candidate huhuhu ;D hehehe :D

Padian said...

Some people think the only natural way to progress forward after getting married is a child. And for some, that is true enough... The orang putih says, "your love child"!!!

And some actually look forward to having a child... even when they are UNSURE of what the future brings for them if that have a child!!! Like the emotional, physical, mental and financial burden!!! ehm... extra responsibilities i mean :P

However, there are some couples that are unfortunate, unable to concieve their child... This either makes them strong, or CRACKS appear in their otherwise 'perfect' relationship... that would make an interesting blog entry!

Anyways... What i am trying to convey is... when you are not ready, everything appears to be a burden... something extra, something what society requires from you... BUT, when you are ready... it feels like normal progression... Think about it :P