Was talking to Fiz about marching.. and how both of us enjoy it =)
Used to not understand it at all, but with practice, i do say i have improved lol
However, i was once confused when they either say FROM THE LEFT... QUICK MARCH... or FROM THE RIGHT... QUICK MARCH...
As i was saying to Fiz.. i could always do the first order correctly, but not the second one!!!
I have only just found out the definitions of these orders recently (winter camp)!!!
Whether they say left OR right.. just start marching from your left... and.. the right and the left just signifies which side ur marker is on!! sigh =)
And... the annoying thing with marching... pace depends on the first row of people.. and usually they are what i call 'siok-sendiri!'.... english translation = in their own lil wee brain!!! most of the times, they take silly sized strides.. at a ridiculous pace!!! as a result, the whole marching squadron is not identical!!!
its also annoying when the head of the marching unit (the ones going right left right left) always says the right and the left wrong.. (not the same as our steps)... not giving orders right (telling us to wheel and stop at inappropiate timings) and being inaudibly quiet!!! sigh!!!
anyhow... i like marching along to music.. because it allows everyone to march on the same foot!!! all the time.. with good pacing =) (a drum beat means our feet touch the ground) Its an ART.. and its RELAXING =) and you barely go wrong... hehehe...
sigh.. enough about marching!!! As much as I enjoy marching, i still prefer walking at my slow pace... if i had to walk!!! lol
Used to not understand it at all, but with practice, i do say i have improved lol
However, i was once confused when they either say FROM THE LEFT... QUICK MARCH... or FROM THE RIGHT... QUICK MARCH...
As i was saying to Fiz.. i could always do the first order correctly, but not the second one!!!
I have only just found out the definitions of these orders recently (winter camp)!!!
Whether they say left OR right.. just start marching from your left... and.. the right and the left just signifies which side ur marker is on!! sigh =)
And... the annoying thing with marching... pace depends on the first row of people.. and usually they are what i call 'siok-sendiri!'.... english translation = in their own lil wee brain!!! most of the times, they take silly sized strides.. at a ridiculous pace!!! as a result, the whole marching squadron is not identical!!!
its also annoying when the head of the marching unit (the ones going right left right left) always says the right and the left wrong.. (not the same as our steps)... not giving orders right (telling us to wheel and stop at inappropiate timings) and being inaudibly quiet!!! sigh!!!
anyhow... i like marching along to music.. because it allows everyone to march on the same foot!!! all the time.. with good pacing =) (a drum beat means our feet touch the ground) Its an ART.. and its RELAXING =) and you barely go wrong... hehehe...
sigh.. enough about marching!!! As much as I enjoy marching, i still prefer walking at my slow pace... if i had to walk!!! lol
1 comment:
FROM THE LEFT... QUICK MARCH... or FROM THE RIGHT... QUICK MARCH...
"Dari Kiri..Bergerak pantas..
Dari Kanan..Bergerak pantas" (catukah orders scout Fiz? lupaku sudah hwhw)
Yeah I get what u mean Fets..cos they usually gives orders either 'from the left' or 'from the right'. I think we usually got 'from the right' where u start from the..and um..go to the right..wth?! I'm confused! :S don't mind me. I thot I had it figured out tadi but now I'm confused heh. Ah well.
The point it I don't like marching that much. Especially when I'm the one to bellow out the orders. Not my forte during my scout years heh. ;P
Now abt the siuk-sendiri ppl at the front row..I so get what u mean! Haha.. It all depends on them, ey? Heh
music is always good. ;D but sometimes it drains the voice of the person giving orders hehehe ;P from there u can see if a person is a natural klutz or not ;)
Post a Comment